Thursday 25 May 2006

Hello world!!! - A fast start

I’m duolulu, I will post my active project here. Recently, I’m creating a Chess Engine using JAVA. The project itself, inspired from A.I book, borrowed by Dr. Brown. On the 22nd-May-2006, I seek help from Dr. Jaidi to make a start. He explained to me the steps, and guide me what to do first.

Since JAVA is object oriented programming, I have decided to break Chess structure in heirical order.

Chess is consists of

  • two players - white and black
  • a board of 64 squares
  • 16 chessmen - given to each player
  • the pieces (aka chessman) are subdivided into five different types
    • one king
    • one queen
    • two rooks
    • two bishops
    • two knights
    • eigth pawn
  • different type of pieces has different move rules
  • chess also has game rules
    • player of white pieces has to move first
    • each player has to move one piece per turn

(I will write more on this part soon)

No comments: