Wednesday 29 October 2008

Mac?

"It took me a while to convert to Mac and trust me, I have no regrets.. I don’t have to worry about viruses, I don’t have to worry about running many applications at one time. It also works on the PCs but Apple is more stable" Ref: ranoadidas.com

I'm not a security expert but I like to write my own opinion.. :D. People do like to compare between MS Windows and MacOS. Microsoft Windows and MacOS have their own viruses. MS Windows viruses can't infect the MacOS because they are not created for the MacOS. So if any of your friends share a pendrive infected with Windows' viruses.. you don't have to WORRY plugging-in the pendrive to your MacOS, and having sweet dreams everyday.

It's just very rare to encounter viruses created for MacOS. The case is similar to linux... so if you can't afford Mac, why not trying linux instead?

6 comments:

Green Wanderer said...

Not only that when Apple DOES eventually crash, they crash really bad, it's not like there is zero viruses for Mac as you said, only that they are less in circulation.

Mac is just more popular than many Linux suites because as they are commercial and have been in the market for awhile longer, normal users turn more to Mac as "the alternative for Windows". And that is why there are blogs like bruneiopensource; to spread awareness of Linux.

duolulu said...

I agree.. it's all about marketing strategy, I don't blame normal users who are easily brainwash by commercial products.

Anyway, ppl have their own choice but choose wisely.

Anonymous said...

Haha.
So anti-Mac jua :p
Mac is cool la.

duolulu said...

No~ I treat Mac equally like others, no anti-sentiment here.. i'm just being honest.. :p.

Your Mac is cool, but i can't nudge your msn.. :D.

Anonymous said...

I support the use of Open source application, especially in education, dont worry we already have some plans on Open Source awarness, but we will kept it low..some authorities will not like it since they already signing some project with microsoft..just kept on update..we also like to meet up with open source users to create more network

duolulu said...

Thanx for the info. Keep us update too with any open-source activity in Brunei.