Thursday 9 August 2007

CD Writing Software - InfraRecorder

What I have posted so far is still focusing on open-source applications in microsoft windows because I know most Bruneians are using ms windows. (p/s: i'm not ready to share about linux)

There are not many open-source cd burner program written for microsoft windows. Most of them are written for linux operating system only. And I like to share a cd/dvd burner called InfraRecorder.

InfraRecorder is a free graphical CD and DVD writing program for Microsoft Windows, licensed under the GPL version 2. Started by Christian Kindahl in 2006, InfraRecorder uses the cdrtools software to perform the actual burning. InfraRecorder was born in the Google Summer of Code 2006. (Ref: Wiki)

Ok, since I don't have to explain anything else....

Steps

1. Download the program here. (current latest version is 0.43.1)

2. Install it as usual.. would take less than one minute.

3. Done!!! I don't think I should give examples on how to use this program, it's just like other cd burning programs. I'll leave you with the program screenshot.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice one mate.. are u involved with this software development as well?

duolulu said...

No.. maybe in the future.

The project I made for this blog are just octapawn, chessdatabase and chessengine. There're all open-source by me but still not in any open-source license.. probably under GPL v2.

This blog's aim is just to expose Bruneians about open-source and freesoftware.

So anyone out there can team up here to support open-source in Brunei (there's one in UBD I think under Computer Science Department of FOS).

p/s: it's all about freedom

Anonymous said...

I agree.. i'm also supporting the online open-source community...
nda tau ubd also hav an it dept, didn't go out much.. hehe

duolulu said...

The CS Dept. in UBD is new, if I have not mistaken.. maybe started around this year. There's a new UNIX lab at FOS (unlike few yrs back... pathetic).

Btw, do you involve in any open-source project?

Anonymous said...

not at the moment.. just don't have the time I guess, but at the moment im creating webpage that shares bits of pieces of codes that I've been using in my time as a programmer. Will publish it in my site at brudigital.com soon.

duolulu said...

Ahh.. good to hear that. Mine as well.. I guess I have to explore python + ruby seriously.. :D.

Anonymous said...

hey buddy, this week we have sharing session with teachers and ICT coordinators on open source applications such as School tools, moodle and other educational opensource application. Boleh kah nanti if we plan another session i invite you sharing jua..ari atu we invite izam ryan jua..

duolulu said...

I read about izam ryan in news few days ago regarding OSS talk for teachers.

Yeap.. I'm free to share about open-source for students.. BUT i'm working!! :D

Btw, are you a teacher?

Todaydownload.com said...

As soon as a careful browse I thought it was really enlightening.
I take pleasure in you taking the time and effort to put this blog post together.
I once again discover me personally spending way to much time both reading and leaving comments.
InfraRecorder