Tuesday 21 August 2007

My Boring Project - Thumbnail Maker

I'm not quite busy these days, so why not creating a useful program (self-interest). Ah.. almost everyday I chat with my friend(s) in msn, and sometimes we exchange new photos (not self photos.. :D). Every photo has a size about 1++mb, so I usually resize each photo to reduce its size. Otherwise it will take a long time to transfer and prone to fail transfer.

Lame Problem
The problem is when I'm not exchanging for JUST one picture, but many!!! It will be time consuming if I open each picture, then resize, finally save as a new file. So I need a program that can resize and save all my photos at ONE go!!!

Lame Solution
Since I'm the one who need it so I have to program it myself.. :D

To Do List (Basic Features):-
- provide interface to browse file(s) to be resized
- resize settings e.g. new pic size.
- ...

For the time being, I'm going to implement it regardless the algorithm used. Ah.. as usual, I'm going to program it using JAVA.. no python.. no ruby.. hehe. So wait for the first version soon.. bah.

No comments: